2.28.2013

They Say It's Your Birthday



Today has quite possibly been the birthday I've had since I turned nine.  I'm pretty sure I say that every year, well every year except year twenty-nine when I got dumped by my boyfriend ON my birthday, but that's another story.  My special day just seems to get better as time goes on!


My birthday celebrations actually started Sunday when my parents, sister and brother-in-law surprised me with one of my favorite meals and gifts.  On Wednesday my best local girlfriend and her parents had dinner, cake and gifts for me.  And today....







...Today was filled with several wonderful surprises.  I got a handful of sweet cards (I cannot stress just how much I love cards!), three flower deliveries, gifts, a special greeting in Arabic, a couple of Starbucks surprises, multiple texts, over 200 Facebook well wishes from around the world, a day full of students noting my special day and even a special of "Happy Birthday" played on the recorder by a fourth grader.  I definitely feel loved and valued!  I am so thankful to the amazing people God has blessed my life with.

After work I had the best and most challenging yoga workout I've had in months and then went to do crafts with kids at Ronald McDonald House.  It was the perfect way to ring in this new year- fitness and giving.

If this birthday is any indication of my thirty-first year on earth, then it's going to be spectacular!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio