2.14.2013

Gypsy By Nature


Travel.  Jogging.  Prayer.  Water. 

No matter what is bothering me, no matter what I'm trying to sort out, no matter how stressed out I am, any one of these four things can help clear my head.  They help me relax and refocus.  (I even enjoy them when I'm not strung out.)

It is no secret that I love to travel.  I am probably more passionate about travel than even music.  New places, new people, and new experiences both excite and energize me.  I am not happy if I am forced to stay in one spot too long.  There is just so much of life I feel I'm missing when my wings are clipped.  One of my favorite poets, Robert Service, sums me up very well...

“There's a race of men that don't fit in,
A race that can't sit still;
So they break the hearts of kith and kin,
And they roam the world at will.
They range the field and rove the flood,
And they climb the mountain's crest;
Theirs is the curse of the gypsy blood,
And they don't know how to rest.”


The past few weeks have made me acutely aware that I am MUCH overdo for a trip.  A big trip.  The kind that makes you long to stay in a new world forever, all the while helping to make you appreciate home.  One where an agenda is nonexistent.  Luckily, I am a teacher and spring break is in a month!  Plane tickets are purchased.  In a few weeks I will be enjoying...








...SUNNY California.  There will be water, jogging, travel, and prayer at the end of a three hour plane ride.  They'll be a lot more than that, too- family.  I am so happy for the opportunity to spend the week in exploring LA with my brother and sis-in-law!!!  I'm already counting down the days.

In other random news: I got two cards in the mail today.  I. LOVE. CARDS.  Had a lovely Valentine's Day and am grateful for wonderful friends!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio