3.02.2013

Weekend With A-dream






Ethan and Evan, one of my best friend's kids, are spending the weekend with me.  I've known the Lipsey boys practically since they were born and they've called me "A-dream" since they were old enough to talk.  They are two of four of my pseudo nephews/nieces.  I love them to death and we always have a fun time together.










 
This evening we got caught in Dallas traffic, ate at the Pizza Hut in Target (they picked the place and think it's the neatest thing), and then we got home and the first place they went was my old Super Nintendo.  They LOVE this retro gaming system!  In their minds, I'm super cool for having one.  Ironic, I know, but who am I to tell them otherwise? 








Highlights so far: 

The traffic jam gave us the opportunity to watch the sunset.  Evan proclaimed, "Wow! It's BEAUTIFUL.  I'm going to have to watch more of these."

Both boys think the high overpasses are like roller coasters.  Each time we passed over one, their hands went in the air and they started screaming.  We don't need Six Flags, we've got the TX road system!





I have had the following conversation with Evan not once, but twice in the past five hours.  He must be concerned about me because each time it's come up randomly and nothing has been said or done to elicit the questions.

E: "Are you single?"
A: "Yes."
E: "Well you don't need to be?"
A: "Why?"
E: "You need a boyfriend or something.  You need to find someone."
A: "Why, Evan?"
E: (suddenly concerned) "Because, you're lonely."
A: "What makes you think that?"
E: "You have no friends.  You need friends."
A:  "But I do have friends."
E:  "No, you need real friends.  Now all you have is that gnome and Maggie."
A:  (laughing) "I do have real friends that I love very much.  You're one of my real friends, aren't you?"
E: "Yes, but you need a friend for forever."
A:  "Haha.  Ok, I'll work on that." 

Out of the mouths of babes!
They say kids and dogs can tell a lot about a person.
Suddenly I'm feeling very pathetic.  :)

It's after 11.  I haven't stopped since I woke up at 6 this morning and am beat.  The boys, however, are wide awake.  Off to figure out how to make bedtime as appealing as video games.  We have a full day in store tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio