6.11.2013

The Head Should Be Connected to the Heart

THIS is what I should be doing right now:
  

Followed by THIS:


But, instead I am doing THIS:


 My house now looks like a tornado hit it.  Not only am I tackling the BIG summer clean (drawer, cabinets, etc.), but that is being coupled with cleaning out furniture.  I'm selling my most of my living room furniture for the re-decorating, which means I have to down-size.

At the moment, my house is as disheveled as my life feels.  It is a refection of how disorganized, messy and topsy-turvy I feel as I get ready to say goodbye in the next couple of weeks to my parents (for the next four years), as well as the sense of home I've had for the past year.  

I keep taking breaks, overwhelmed with the enormity of how much I still have to do and just how out-of-place everything is.  


As I sit here thinking about both my upside down house and my upside down life (emotional life at least)...

I know that it's too much to handle all at once.
I know that it will get worse before it gets better.
I know that it will be worth it in the end.


Right now, the key is to just keep reminding my heart what my head already knows.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio