6.25.2013

Daddy's Girl

Nine days ago was a special day, however this is the first chance I'm having to post anything since then.

Today's post is in honor of Father's Day...



circa 1985


Today I am thankful for my Daddy.  He is intelligent, a seeker of information, a techie, a reader and good at fixing things.  He is the hardest worker I know, takes initiative and is humble.  He leads with a servant's heart and is compassionate.  He is protective, thorough, and funny (when he wants to be).  

He was, and still is, a great preacher and even better pastor.  He can turn any conversation into one with eternal importance.  He is responsible for my love of music- especially classical music, my love of older people, hospitals and even nursing homes. 

He seeks God with all of his heart and this is evident in all his interactions including, but not limited to, his relationship with my mother, his kids, and those entrusted to his ministerial care.  

He has taught me that...
...no job is insignificant or unimportant to the kingdom.
...even people that appear "unloveable" are loveable and valuable.
...God will fight our battles.
...age isn't a hinderance to serve God.
...it's ok for men to be sensitive and cry sometimes.
...sacrifice for God isn't really sacrifice at all.
...Africa isn't too far to come to the rescue if need be.
...checking my oil is VERY important. :)
...he is right most of the time.

I am thankful that he changed the course of his life when he was a young man by accepting Jesus as his personal savior and, in turn, changed the destiny and legacy of his family.  Today, and always, I am thankful that God entrusted my care to him. 

And, even though my Mother says we are already just alike, I still hope to grow up like him someday.


2012

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio