6.26.2013

Silence is Golden...

...especially when that silence is the result of making money! 

An out-of-town friend texted me the other day and asked if I had a boyfriend.  I asked what prompted the question and he replied that the last time I disappeared from the internet was when I was seeing someone.  

I wish a boyfriend was the culprit for my virtual disappearance the past couple of weeks, but it's not.  
I spent my first week off of work cleaning, organizing and trading out furniture at my apartment (Summer Break Has Begun).  Last week I taught a summer music class at school, started a new part-time job and taught ten piano lessons.  All of this was in conjunction with more furniture moving and organization for my living room redecoration project.  I didn't get home before 9pm all week!

Somewhere in there I managed to fit in two Father's Day celebrations and a random trip to the coolest antique store I've ever been to.  But, the price for being too busy is a weakened immune system.  I got sick Friday night and with the exception of church Sunday morning, spent three days in bed.

That pretty much sums up the first couple of weeks of my summer break.  I am very thankful for the opportunity to make a little extra cash, and even more thankful to be feeling better.  In fact, I even felt well enough yesterday to help my parents get their container loaded and shipped off to Africa.

It's good to be back in the world of blogging!


Photo highlights of the past week or so (click to enlarge):

Summer haircut.
The coolest AND creepiest antique store I've ever been to.
Father's Day with Grandaddy (Mother's Dad)
Father, daughters and a couple of grandkids.
Mother hanging new decorations at my place.
Daddy hooking up the TV they gave me.
Sneak peak of my "new" living room.  More pics to follow.
Facetime while I was sick with the cutest little niece ever.
The container we are about to load is headed where!?!?!
Loading Mother & Daddy's container to be shipped to Liberia.
Hard day's work loading a container.
Tired after a long day moving Nana and Papa's household belongings into the container.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio