4.05.2013

Week in Review 4.5



CURRENTS THIS WEEK
  
Feeling
I'm feeling like this has been a particularly long week.
 Last weekend was extended because of the Easter holiday...the weather has turned cold and rainy once again...our campus has had three days of state testing...I haven't been able to attend yoga classes all week...I got rear-ended by a car earlier in the week and still haven't heard back about that...and I haven't felt 100%.  I am definitely feeling like I need a slow weekend.  On a positive note, it's felt like Christmas and my parents were "home" for Easter this year; I love how warm and fuzzy both of those feel.

Watching
"Castle"- This is a Monday night obsession for me! Love this show AND the Castle/Beckett romance. :)
"The Suite Life of Zack and Cody" on Netflix- Yes, I'm too old for this show and no, I'm not ashamed.
"Celebrity Apprenticeand "The Voice" when I've been with my family.
"Anna Karenina" with Keira Knightly- LOVED this re-telling of a personal favorite Russian novel.  Very creative, symbolic and avant guarde.  If you don't like to think outside of the box, don't see this.
"Girl Rising"- I went to a screening of this wonderful documentary last night.  Will post more about it this weekend.

Reading
"Women Food and God" by Geneen Roth
This book was not what I thought it would be.  It is marketed as if it takes the stance that women's relationships with God and food are intertwined.  I was on board for the first two chapters, but by chapter three it was very apparent that the author's god and my God are not one and the same.  I finished the book and there are actually several points the author makes that I agree with, but overall this book is too "new age" for me to agree completely.
"The Power of a Praying Parent" by Stormie Omartian
Trying to figure out how to pray for kids like a parent would.
Finally getting a chance to start this book that my cousin recommended and loaned me.  A co-worker recommended it last week as well, so am taking it as a sign that I need to read it.  Just started it today. 

Listening To
Leningrad Radio on Pandora
Judy Garland Radio on Pandora
Robert Shaw Chorale Christmas Radio on Pandora 
"I Was Going to Marry You" by Tristan Prettyman   

Thinking About
I think about a lot of things, but my reoccurring thought this week has been one of awe at how cool God is and how if I don't listen, I often miss and forget that.  I was having a particularly difficult time with some feelings earlier in the week and prayed that God would open my eyes to see my life and my person as HE sees me- not how my friends, family, acquaintances or even how I see myself, but how HE sees me.  Three days after I prayed this prayer, an out-of-state friend (who has no clue the things on my heart) texted me a message the Lord laid on their heart.  I know it was of God, because it was VERY specific to what I've been seeking.  I LOVE it when God becomes tangible!

Eating
This is the first week after Lent and even though I can now eat-out whenever I desire, I no longer have the overwhelming temptation to drive-thru everyday.  I've eaten with family and friends all but one night this week and have very much enjoyed the food and company. However, I've eaten WAY too many sweets this week! 

Looking Forward To
Warmer weather.
Visit from my childhood pen-pal and her hubby next weekend.
Holding my niece.
Seeing my Bible study group after not seeing them last week.
Riding my bike.

Making Me Happy
My students' stories this week.
Daydreams.
Singing.
Bringing out my sketchbook and drawing again.
Spiritual insights.
Peace in specific areas of my life.
People that listen to the voice of God and speak into others' lives.
Divine connections.

Challenging Me
Confidence.
Finding the balance between planning steps to get me where I want to be and not worrying about things beyond my control.
Being made aware of needs and figuring out how to do my part to contribute to a solution rather than ignore or add to the problem.
   


The 2013 Family Easter Picture (just missing Caleb & Jaclyn)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio