4.10.2013

Crash and Burn


Tonight I have no deep thoughts.
There are no analogies on my mind.
I'm not in the mood to write about favorites in my life.


Tonight, I am exhausted.
I feel as if everything is vying for my time and attention.
This bi-polor weather is wearing me out.  

I am an extremest by nature.
There is little balance in my world.
Hot or cold.
All or nothing.
This is how I live.

This is how it hits me- exhaustion.

I've been in "go mode" since this weekend and have,
consequentially, accomplished a lot in the past few days.
Tonight at 10:00pm, I am crashing.
I am giving myself time to sit and relax.

Relaxation: a cozy fire...Christmas music...a hot drink...cuddling Maggie...pajamas...glasses...no make-up...

Being part of a culture that praises accomplishments,
I find that I have to actually give myself permission to relax.  
As I relax, though, I am reminded of why stopping, sitting, being quiet,
and staying still are all vital to life.

Tonight I relax.
Tomorrow I slow down.
This weekend I enjoy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio