4.26.2013

Week in Review 4.27


CURRENTS

Feeling: I'm still feeling a little worn out these days.  Working two jobs, trying to fit everything into my schedule, and having a personality that demands downtime is keeping me feeling exhausted.  My current bad eating habits are making it worse.  The weather changes are keeping the arthritis in my back flared up. And, this week has brought with it feelings of loneliness (not to be confused with feelings of "aloneness"). But, I have still felt happy in spite of the above.


Watching: This week we had STAAR testing at school and we couldn't make noise in the music room, because of testers a few doors down, so we watched "School House Rock".  I can't believe how many songs I can still sing from watching that show as a kid.  To this day, I cannot say the Preamble to the Constitution without singing it.  Last Friday I went and saw, "GI Joe" with a girlfriend.  This child of the 80's loved it!  Today I went to see, "The Big Wedding".  I was excited about this movie because I love Diane Keaton.  I have a very high tolerance for the content of a movie, but I left the theater thirty minutes into this show.  The acting felt forced, and the amount of sexual content and language didn't fit the script, in my opinion.  My time is too valuable to waste on something with unredeemable qualities.  Of course, there's the weekly "Castle" and "Celebrity Apprentice".

Reading: "Storyline Blog" by Donald Miller and friends. "Loneliness" by Elisabeth Elliot. "2012 Farmer's Almanac". "The Secret Garden" by Frances Hodgson Burnett. Town & Country Magazine.  Websites with HTML how-to's and articles about the habits of highly creative people.

Listening to: "The Wall" by Pink Floyd.  Christmas music. "The Truth About Love" by Pink. "Bach and Beyond" performed by The Dallas Symphony Orchestra (live). "The Secret Garden", Original Cast Recording. GOAT"Just Give Me a Reason" by Pink- on repeat all afternoon on Wednesday.

Thinking about: How everyone one has a story. How a life lived isn't lived without pain. How to treat all things and people as God would.  How to do everything as if I was doing it for the Lord. How to remember that everyone has their own set of hurts and what it looks like to bring healing to those wounds. How and where I can start getting creatively plugged in again. How I miss my musician friends and being surrounded by them.  


Looking forward to: I am very much looking forward to my first visit to the Perot Museum tomorrow.  AND, super excited about the fact that I'll be there for Kinsley's first museum trip!  I can't wait until Sunday, because not only am I going to see the Dallas Opera's performance of "The Aspern Papers", but it's starring Susan Graham.  I've been in love with her voice since I was introduced to her in undergrad vocal classes (La Belle Epoque).  Cannot wait for the next two days!!!

Making me happy: Taking a road trip with my parents.  Decorating ideas.  Live music.  New information.  Creatives. Books. Being in my element. 

Challenging me: Being caught between wanting summer to hurry and get here and wanting it to take its time since my parents are leaving then. Finding the perfect curtains AKA focal point for my new apartment remodel. Finding an outlet and time to create. Patience. See also my 'thinking about' list.

* Don't forget to click on the colored and/or underlined text for links to outside websites.

HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE WEEK

2 comments:

Kristina said...

Like you, if the content is really good in a movie, I can overlook language. But I really don't care for Amanda Seyfried or Katherine Heigl; they both drive me nuts. I feel like their acting is forced much of the time.

Adriane said...

Agree. I am not a Katherine Heigl fan, and this was probably the last movie of her's that I will attempt to watch. I love Diane Keaton, but her role in the movie was no better than the rest. Highly disappointing.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio