8.23.2013

I'm Baaaaack!!!!

This summer I have single-handily failed at my goal to blog daily (A Day in the Life).  At the beginning of the summer things were crazy with my parents getting ready to move back overseas.  In the middle of the summer it was work and Bible study (Life Calling) that kept me busy.  The past few weeks travel northward stood in the way (you can see photo documentation of my travels on my Facebook page in the "August 2013" album).  And, we started back to school this week.  It's been a very full summer, to say the least!!!

All these were major contributors and are excuses to a degree, but the main reason I've been silent this past month and a half is that this summer, a good friend and I decided to embark on a writing project.  I wanted to take a step back to focus on that and get a clear direction from God, without the distraction of any other writings.  Stepping back allowed me clarity in several areas of my life.  As of tonight, my resolution is to resume my goal of blogging something everyday.  

My world these days, in bullet form:


* My parents moved to Liberia at the first of July.  It is always hard to say goodbye for such a long time (four year terms).  Life feels normal when they are home.  God is gracious, though, and this time transitioning back to "life without parents" has been much less heart-wrenching than previous goodbyes over the course of these past nine years.

* I found out last week that my parents will get to come home for three weeks in December, which covers Christmas.  To say our family is excited to all be together so soon is an understatement.  The opportunity for both to return home during the middle of a term is a first, and we feel very blessed.

* This week was the first week back for teachers in my district.  Although it was hard to pry myself from my favorite northern states, as it always is, I am anxious to dive into a new year.  I'm really anticipating a wonderful year!

* My Sunday Bible study girls (Social Painting) are beginning a new Bible study in a couple of weeks.  We will are doing Lisa Bevere's, "Fight Like a Girl".  I am so excited to see how God changes us as we do this study and life together. 

* A couple of these same girls have convinced me to run my first 10K in Sept. (Tours de Fleurs) with them.  I am a jogger, but haven't been jogging consistently for the past year.  Between unwanted extra weight and the lack of discipline for so long, I am only able to run a 5K at this point in training.  We're less than a month away, so am not convinced I'll do that well.  I have several health goals for this semester; training for the run is really helping me keep my focus.

* I'm joining a community chorus at UT Dallas this semester.  Before I moved here I consistently performed in operas and community choirs, but haven't found a place to musically plug-in for the past three years.  I miss performing with a choral group something fierce.  Hoping it takes care of my itch!  

* I'm working on memorizing my first entire chapter of the Bible- Romans 12

* I am taking one more trip this summer to see a dear friend.  I love people, and especially my girlfriends.  Will be great to catch up and spend time together, and it's a huge bonus that she lives on a lake.  I can think of no more peaceful and tranquil way to spend the remaining time before kids come on Monday.

* I worked late tonight and had a flat tire when I pulled out of the parking lot.  Luckily, friends were able to come and take care of it for me.  Such a relief to be in community and not be left totally on my own to take care of the stress of things on my own.

* God is really dealing with me on: my dependence (or lack thereof) on Him; being weak, yet strong in Him (Diary of a Wimpy Kid); doing everything as unto Him; humility and servitude as they apply in my life.  I'm sure these will be frequent blog themes for a while, because some lessons take time to become habits.

* I am resuming my quest to find 10,000 Reasons to be thankful, and will be adding them daily.


I think that is basically the Cliff Notes version of life right now.  Looking forward to re-entering the world of blogging...


If you're a email subscriber, I've missed communicating these last couple of months. If you're not a subscriber, maybe you should be! It's easy- just enter your email in the subscribe bar at the top of this site. Be sure to watch for an activation email (they often go to spam folders). You won't receive email updates until you've validated your email address through the activation email. If you're new to my blog, thanks for reading; feel free to browse through older posts.

Your smile for the day!
Kinsley is 10 months old, and still the cutest niece ever.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you'll be singing in a chorus again!--Ryan

Adriane said...

Thanks! I am very excited. Vocally out of shape, but excited nonetheless.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio