5.18.2013

Social Painting

Last night I hosted a social painting party for my women's Bible study group.  Even though we missed the other six in our group, we girls had a blast!  We started with blank canvases and a black and white picture of our pattern.  Once we'd gotten a good idea of what we were going to do, "went to town" painting.



Reason #587 why I need a husband: to make coffee!  None of us were quite sure how much coffee to put in.  As it was making I kept hearing a weird sound.  I finally turned around to notice that coffee grounds and water were going everywhere!  It would have been an epic fail, but we drank it anyway.  :)


Our finished products:


It's fun to see how differently our pictures turned out even though we started with the same example.  


It's such a blessing to have good girlfriends!  I just love our group.

This was a really neat way to spend time together.  Next time you're looking for something new to do with the girls, grab a brush, canvas, paint and put your creative energies to work. 

2 comments:

Kristina said...

I hosted a crafting night last night, too! For the record, husbands don't come with that knowledge. :) It's a heaping tablespoon per two cups you're brewing. I'm only a text away from all your coffee questions.

Adriane said...

We should have had art nights when we were in college! Will definitely txt you next time I have to work the coffee monster...and...I'm choosing not to believe you about know how and husbands going hand-in-hand. I've got to keep it on the list so I can prove to God why a husband is a NEED at this point. ;)

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio