5.03.2013

Week in Review 5.3


CURRENTS

Feeling: On Wednesday, as I was driving home for the first time ALL day at 10pm, I called Kristina.  After about ten minutes of verbal ranting and childish whining, she suggested I need rest and "alone time" (I rank high on the introvert spectrum).  Boy, was she right!  
Yesterday I was able to come straight home after school- something that hasn't happened in two weeks.  I just sat and enjoyed the quietness of my apt. and took a short nap before heading back to the school for our 2nd grade program.  The funk I've been in for the past week totally dissipated.  I got my perspective reset.  I am feeling thankful for friends that know me well enough to recognize when I haven't been taking care of myself.  For friends that are ok with the fact that I am highly sensitive to the foods I eat, the amount of sleep I get, the pace of life and exhaustion from too much time spent with people.  I am thankful that they encourage me to know and take care of myself. And, I'm feeling better today than I have felt all week. 

Watching:  The BEST "Castle" to date! "Celebrity Apprentice" with the fam.  BBC's The Secret Garden.

Reading: I have given my brain a rest this week and not read anything!  It's a rare thing for me not to have a book in hand.  Instead, I've filled my spare time with my new addiction to the Ticket to Ride Europe iPhone app.

Listening to: The Secret Garden, Original Cast Recording. Dean Martin Christmas station on Pandora.  The White Album by the Beatles.  Falling Into You by Celine Dion. The Aspern Papers by Dominick Argento.

Thinking about: The past. Getting back to clean eating and dropping these last 10 lbs.  An easier schedule this next week. Summertime!

Looking forward to: Friday solo matinee tradition today.  Clearing my schedule and having no plans this weekend.  A "Castle" Season 3 marathon. Warmer weather so I can take my bike off-road.  

Making me happy: The realization that I am not responsible for judging others. Down time/alone time. Being at a place in life to do the things I enjoy, such as trips to museums, the opera and the symphony.

Challenging me: Figuring out how not to be effected by how others feel about me. The ability to FULLY trust God no matter life circumstances. Getting to where I can accept whatever it takes to get me to that place.

* Don't forget to click on the colored and/or underlined text for links to outside websites.


Highlights from a week filled with the Dallas Symphony Orchestra,
Perot Museum, Mesquite Rodeo, and the Dallas Opera.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio