5.13.2013

Nothing Lasts

"I was thinking how nothing lasts, and what a shame that is."
-Benjamin Button-


Got a text after lunch today that my only living grandparent, Granddaddy, had been in a car accident, had a heart attack and was being rushed to the hospital.

Today I...


...realized how much I don't like waiting, how impatient I am, and how even in the technology era of instant answers, life still has a way of hiding some things.

...struggled with how much I thrive on change and yet how much I dislike and resist it as well.  I, also, grappled with how gradual life naturally changes things and how you don't even realize it some times until something happens to put you face-to-face with reality. 

...became aware that I'm still not good with the thought that nothing here on earth lasts. That goodbyes never seem to get easier, but they are eventually inevitable.

...have been flooded with memories. Thoughts of childhood get togethers with the family...holidays...trips...stories of the past...playing with my cousins...getting to know my grandparents as an adult...how close our family was when we were younger...and much more.

...questioned the power of prayer, what earthly relationships look like to God, and His restorative and redemptive plan. 

...pondered death, grace and forgiveness. 

...began by praying that God would teach me patience, would comfort me in times of separation, would allow new, happy family memories to be created, would help the areas where my faith is lacking and would grant me peace and give me wisdom about His ways. 

...ended by praying that God would use this situation for His glory, for peace, healing, health and strength for my grandad, that God would be faithful to finish the good work He has started, and that no matter what, His will be done. 

Granddaddy is in ICU, but as of right now, is doing well.  






                                           10,000 Reasons

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio