5.18.2013

Week in Review 5.17


CURRENTS

Feeling: Like my allergies are going to kill me.  Excited that we are on the downward slide of the school year.  Ready for a slower paced few months.

Watching:  Last Friday I saw "Gatsby"- it was SO good!!! I don't often leave a theater, from seeing a movie based on a book, and think they kept the integrity of the book and its message intact, but I did with this movie.  It was lavish, edgy, imaginative, creatively used cinematography, showcased great acting, used contemporary music, had beautiful costumes, utilized color and filter to create mood, overall good adaptation of the literature and had nice special effects. It's a MUST see!  
Yesterday I watched,"Beware of Christians"- Four college aged guys go to Europe for five weeks to explore what it means to truly follow Christ.  This film is a documentary.  I really enjoyed it, because I could relate to a lot of their questions and frustrations with the American Christian.  Would recommend for anyone from the age of 12-35. 
"Castle" season finale!  

Reading: "Giant" by Edna Ferber- I've always enjoyed to movie, but this is first time I have set out to read the book. "Time" Magazine.

Listening to: "10,000 Reasons Album" by Matt Redman. "Gatsby Soundtrack"- beware of explicit lyrics.

Thinking about: Childhood memories. My granddad's health. Death. Heaven. How I want to be known when I am older lady, and what I can do now to make sure I become that. My parents fast approaching departure.

Looking forward to: Redecorating my apartment. End of school. A summer filled with friends across the country.

Making me happy: Artistic creations, such as "Gatsby". Mother's Day weekend and actually having a mother in the country to celebrate with.  Spring storms. Getting together with my girls' Bible study group. Painting. Cleaning house. The way this season of "Castle" ended. :)

Challenging me: Accepting that loss is just a fact of life. Emotional eating. Making time to go to yoga. Being in a good mood was a challenge this week, too. 

Got to watch Kinsley Poo for a couple of hours
while Shelby got things ready to host Mother's Day lunch.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio