3.12.2013

Head in the Clouds



Headed to Pasadena

This morning started early CA time and late TX time.  My body is still confused as to which it should be functioning by.  Caleb, Jaclyn and I enjoyed breakfast and set out for a mountain hike near Pasadena.  Pasadena is about 30 minutes away from Caleb's house.  Jaclyn packed us a picnic lunch and we took off.  The drive out provided a beautiful view of the surrounding mountains.  It was a gorgeous day: clear and in the lower 70's.


We hiked in Angeles National Forest.  The goal: to see waterfalls.  
The snow and ice trickle down the mountains and create beautiful waterfalls.  We saw several lovely man-made waterfalls, but about two miles in we arrived at Sturtevant Falls.  The sunlight was beaming through the trees and shining right on the water; it was glorious.  By the time we ate our picnic lunch we'd hiked about 5 miles.  It was great to start the day with nature and exercise.



Striking mountain pose in the mountains.
2 miles in we reached the waterfall.










Overlooking Los Angeles after a 5 mile hike.

All three of us were exhausted by the time we went home and crashed.  I took an afternoon nap on their trendy little patio.  There is no better sleep than that gotten outside.


My napping spot.


When I was ten(ish) I had a pen-pal.  Her name was Hannah Gruber and I always thought she was so cool because she lived up north.  We wrote for several years.  I don't remember what all we wrote about, but I do remember getting excited about mail.  I remember trying to envision what sledding must be like and having a pen-pal helped me when we moved. 

Hannah and I lost contact as we got older, but a few years ago were able to re-connect through Facebook.  We quickly realized that we had a lot in common as adults and became fast friends.  Last year I met her in person for the first time, and tonight I got to hang out with her again.  Hannah is here for a music convention (yes, she is a musician, too).  We shopped Downtown Disney, had dinner and had a great time laughing and catching up.



Just sitting in a tea cup!
Disney <3
Disney fireworks


Being surrounded by mountains really reminds one just how small their piece to this puzzle of life is, but friends remind one how important their piece is to the puzzle as a whole.  Glad I got both perspectives today!



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Delicious Design Studio